Advanced Medical Massage Certification
This 12-week, comprehensive 250 hour program offers 50 hours of in-class didactic instruction in the following areas:
- Basics of Medical Massage.
- Protocols and Procedures
- Pathologies and Pharmacology
- Case Studies
- Pain Management
- Business of Medical Massage Practice
The remaining 200 hours of hands on instruction focuses on the application of massage techniques (modalities) and fulfilling the practicum hours in two clinical settings. In the course of study the student will learn indications and contraindications for the application of modalities, review and research applicable pathologies, ethics and confidentiality, charting and informed consent, integration into clinical environments, and peer review of field work. Student’s will learn the appropriate application of the following modalities:
- Therapeutic Touch
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Containment Holds and Static Compression
- Positional Release Techniques
- Myofascial Release Techniques
- Neuromuscular Therapy
- Pediatric Infant Massage
If any of the above appeals to you or you have any questions, please contact the Massage Therapy Training Institute.
Why get Medical Massage Certified?
- Higher pay grade and insurance reimbursement
- Increased referrals from medical professionals
- Medical Massage programs in hospitals are increasing at a rapid rate ( American Hospital Association)
Why get Certified with MTTI & ABW Living Tree?
- The clinical hands on experience will make you more work force ready than most, if not all of the medical certifications offered at present across the nation.
- Current courses avg. $750 to $1500 per weekend for 14 to 28 hours of instruction with no actual experience in medical facilities or working with special populations.
- Experience in hospitals and medical facilities learning integrative team care plan skills with multiple Physicians and Specialists.
- Advanced hands on knowledge of presenting pathologies and pharmacology.
- Experience as it presents in acute and chronic issues.
- Experience as it presents with pre and post operative care .
- Experience as it presents with palliative, hospice and end stage care.