MTTI’s Massage Clinic
Massage is not just a luxury…
it is true health care
Treat yourself or a loved one to a one-hour massage at MTTI’s Professional Massage Clinic for only $35.00 + tax ($37.95).
Schedule an Appointment
Call our office at 575-523-6811 to schedule your appointment with our office staff. Walk-ins are accepted based on availability.
The Health Benefits of Massage Therapy
While the use of massage is growing, the reasons people are turning to massage therapy are also expanding.
More and more people recognize it as an important element in their overall health and wellness.
- Almost one-fourth of adult Americans say they’ve used massage therapy at least one time for pain relief.
- Of the people who had at least one massage in the last five years, 31 percent report they did so for health conditions such as pain management, injury rehabilitation, migraine control, or overall wellness.
- Eight-eight percent agree that massage can be effective in reducing pain.
- Eighty-seven percent agree that massage can be beneficial to health and wellness.
Healthcare providers are increasingly promoting the benefits of massage to their patients.
- In July 2008, thirteen percent of adult Americans reported discussing massage therapy with their doctors or healthcare providers.
- Of those 13 percent, more than half (57 percent) said their doctor strongly recommended or encouraged it.
- More than half of massage therapists (69 percent) receive referrals from healthcare professionals.
Massage therapy usage in hospitals is common.
- The number of hospitals offering massage therapy has increased by 30 percent in two years (from 2004 to 2006).
- Of the hospitals that have massage therapy programs, 71 percent indicate they offer massage for patient stress management and comfort while more than two-thirds (67 percent) utilize massage for pain management.10
- Sixty-seven percent of hospitals with massage therapy programs offer massage to their staff for stress management.
Massage therapists and consumers are in favor of integration of massage into healthcare.
- Over half of adult Americans (60 percent) would like to see their insurance cover massage therapy.
- Ninety-six percent of massage therapists agree massage therapy should be integrated into healthcare.
**Statistics taken from AMTA Massage Therapy Industry Fact Sheet (2009).